Stuffed Eggplant and ZucchiniO Meu Tempero
These vegetable "boats" are a lovely way to serve eggplant and zucchini at a summer garden party. And because the vegetables are filled with a hearty meat filling, they can be the main part of a light dinner, accompanied by a salad, or served as a first course for a more formal meal. So that nothing is wasted, the scooped out flesh is incorporated into the filling, which is redolent with onion, garlic, ground ginger, and chopped cilantro.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- lemon juice (to taste)
- olive oil
- onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 120 grams ground meat (pork and beef)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- salt (to taste)
- ground white pepper (freshly, to taste)
- grating cheese (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Cut eggplant and zucchini in half lengthwise and scrape out inner flesh, being careful to leave exterior walls.
- 3Brush with lemon juice. Set aside hollowed out eggplant and zucchini halves.
- 4Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and sauté onion and minced garlic.
- 5Add ground meat and fry briefly. Peel tomato, core and chop.
- 6Add tomato, eggplant and zucchini flesh and cook over low heat.
- 7Add ginger and cilantro and mix well.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Divide stuffing between eggplant and zucchini halves.
- 10Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until cheese is hot and bubbly.