- 4 prawns (shelled, trimmed, finely diced)
- 6 shiitake mushrooms (trimmed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 100 grams sausage meat
- 2 duck fillets (approx 700g each)
- 1/2 head cabbage (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 2 onions (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and finely diced)
- 250 grams celeriac (peeled and finely diced)
- 300 milliliters chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 centimeters root ginger (piece, peeled and finely chopped)
- 30 grams butter
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (light)
- 100 grams cellophane noodles
- 1 liter oil (for deep frying)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Sauté mushrooms for 3-4 mins, season and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the ground pork with the mushrooms, the shrimp and 3/4 of the parsley. Score the skin of the duck breasts in a crisscross pattern. Cut a slit in the side of each fillet to form a cavity. Stuff with the shrimp mixture using a teaspoon. Close the cavities with a couple of toothpicks and leave to chill.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and sauté onions, carrots and celeriac for 2-3 mins. Add cabbage and cook for 5 mins more. Add stock, vinegar and cumin, cover and simmer for 15 mins. Add ginger and butter 2 mins before end of cooking. Season.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a nonstick frying pan. Fry duck breasts, skin side down, for 5 mins. Turn breasts and fry for 1 min. Put the breasts on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 mins.
- Heat 4-5 cups oil in a deep saucepan. Deep fry noodles in batches. As soon as they are crispy, remove from oil with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels and lightly season with salt.
- Remove the duck breasts from oven and arrange on plates with the cabbage mixture and the crispy noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.