Save the crab shells to use as the serving vessels for this flavorful crab salad, with the claws for bonus points. Feel free to purchase cooked crabs so you don't have to do this yourself, meaning you need only remove the roe and separate the tender meat for mixing with the mayonnaise, chopped pickles, mustard, and boiled egg, saving the yolk for the garnish if that's your preference (and for bit of colorful contrast). Chill thoroughly before serving, topped with cilantro.
- 1 cooked crab
- 1 tablespoon pickles (minced)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 boiled egg (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (or parsley, minced)
- Tip: Buy pre-cooked whole crabs to save time and money.
- If using pre-cooked crabs, briefly plunge in boiling water, drain and cool.
- Using a sharp knife, crack shell and remove flesh and roe, where appropriate.
- Wash the outer shell thoroughly and set aside. Place crab flesh in a bowl and add mayo, mustard, pickles, boiled egg and cilantro.
- Stuff filling into crab shell. Serve very cold, along with claws. For a colorful presentation, separate egg yolk from egg white and chop separately.
- Garnish stuffed crab with egg yolk, egg white and cilantro.
- Mix before serving.