- 4 cod loins
- 250 milliliters milk
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 slices cornbread (crumbled)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 onions (medium)
- 2 garlic cloves
- virgin olive oil
- Remove skin from half-frozen cod loins and cut lengthwise, but do not cut completely.
- Marinate for 1 hour in milk and white peppercorns.
- Turn fish after 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F).
- Drain cod, and carefully remove peppercorns.
- Place 2 slices of bacon inside the codfish and season with salt.
- Place stuffed codfish in a greased baking dish.
- Cut onion and garlic in very thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic.
- Place onion, garlic and red pepper on top of the cod and drizzle with olive oil from the sauté pan.
- Top with corn bread crumbs. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- After 55 minutes, place on the upper oven rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and white wine.