- 3 1/2 ounces day old bread (crusts removed and torn into pieces, about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 5 1/2 oz ground
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan (finely)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves (lemon)
- 4 chicken thighs (skin on and bone pulled out with flesh intact, ask your butcher to do this)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup rich chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bread and milk in a small bowl. Leave to soak for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, place pistachios in a heatproof cup. Pour over enough boiling water to cover and stand for 30 secs. Drain, peel, then coarsely chop pistachios.
- Add pistachios, veal, parmesan and thyme to soaked bread. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Fill cavity of each chicken leg with one-quarter of mince mixture, packing in well with your finger. Fold each chicken piece closed, wrapping over any excess skin, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place 2 teaspoons oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Place in oven and bake for 25 mins, or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from oven. Transfer to a warm plate, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest. Meanwhile, return skillet to stove over medium heat and add white wine to deglaze. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Add chicken stock, bring to boil and reduce by a third. Remove from heat and immediately whisk in butter and season to taste. Slice chicken into 1- inch slices and serve with pan sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.