Don’t dine out tonight! Turn your kitchen into a 5 star restaurant with this recipe. Succulent chicken breasts filled with sweet apricot, savory green onion, rich cheese, and baked in chicken broth. This will certainly be the centerpiece of your evening.
- 4 dried apricot
- 2 stalks green onions
- 200 grams ricotta cheese
- 50 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken breasts (180 grams each, skinless)
- 20 grams softened butter
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 300 milliliters chicken broth
- 200 grams pumpkin (or butternut full of Naple)
- 300 milliliters whole milk
- 300 milliliters chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 grams polenta
- 30 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 carrots
- 2 slices ham (Italian)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- cooking oil
- Finely chop the dried apricots and green onions.
- Add the ricotta, add rated parmesan and mix with a fork. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and cut lenghtwise to create a pocket.
- Carefully open each breast and fill with a tablespoon of ricotta mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast tightly with plastic.
- On a double boiler, or a saucepan with boiling water fitted with a steaming basket, cook chicken breasts for about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the basket and let cool for about 15 minutes before opening them.
- Melt butter in a frying pan, and brown the chicken breasts over medium heat until golden.
- Add the apricot jam and then the broth.
- Cook for about 10 minutes then remove the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Increase the heat and cook the sauce until is reduced and thickened.
- Pass it through a sieve and return to the pan along with chicken breasts.
- Keep cooking over low heat, basting regularly until chicken is cooked through.
- To make polenta, peel the pumpkin, cut it into cubes and cook it in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain, and mash with a fork into a puree. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine milk, broth, and olive oil, and bring to a boil.
- Add polenta, and reduce the heat. Cover and stir occasionally, until the polenta detaches from the sides of the pan.
- Add the squash puree, and beat with an inmerssion mixer.
- Add the parmesan, a pinch of cinnamon and adjust seasoning.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat until thick.
- Grate the carrot with a coarse grater and cut the ham into small pieces.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable cooking oil on a frying pan and saute the carrots and ham.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- To serve, arrange one chicken breast on each plate, with a little sauce. Using a mold, place polenta, and top with the crispy ham and carrots. Garnish with some fresh parsley.
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.