Stuffed Chicken BreastsMORGANCHRISTIAN
Boneless, skinless chicken breast can be stuffed with a variety of cheeses and peppers for an easy, healthy, flavorful dish. Here's one variation that uses a goat cheese and pepperoncini filling, which can also be used as a spread or tossed with pasta. For a slightly healthier recipe, use just the egg white to coat the chicken before dipping in bread crumbs…
A combination of a WebMD recipe (http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/chicken-breasts-stuffed-with-pimiento-cheese?ecd=wnl_dab_092812&ctr=wnl-dab-092812_ld-stry) and a Martha Stewart Recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/900910/chicken-stuffed-pepperoncini-and-goat-cheese).
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, mash goat cheese with a fork until smooth. Stir in pepperoncini and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- Lightly beat egg with a fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in the egg, then dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken in a glass baking dish, coated very lightly with olive oil. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170°F, about 20 minutes.
|Calories330Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.