Who doesn't love Stuffed Chayote Squash? We know we do! If you haven't tried it before, today is your lucky day. You have stumbled upon the best Stuffed Chayote Squash recipe there is! Try out this Stuffed Chayote Squash and we know you will be sati…
fied. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are eager to read your comments. You can also give this Stuffed Chayote Squash recipe a star rating as well.
- 2 chayote (yellow squash, or zucchini)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soft cheese (such as cottage cheese)
- cheese (shredded, such as mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese)
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
- Place the squash in a pot of salted water on medium heat and cook for up to 1 hour.
- Drain the squash and add them to cold water until they soften.
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds and pulp from the flesh. Set the pulp aside.
- Chop up the pulp and then place it into a strainer so that the liquid drains away.
- Place the squash flesh onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess liquid.
- Add the oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Once sauteed, add the eggs to the pan and mix well.
- Add the pulp into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the liquids evaporate.
- Add salt and pepper, stir, and turn off the heat. Add the cheese and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly oil a glass baking dish. Fill up the squash halves with the mixture and place in the dish.
- Top each squash half with the remaining cheese and top with a dollop of sour cream on top.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
|Calories200Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.