- 4 pork chops (– with pocket cut to stuff)
- 2 eggs (– beaten)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup italian style bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup parsley (– chopped)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/2 juice (lemon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salami (Tablespoon chopped)
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (– halved)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons garlic (– chopped)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 leaves sage
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- olive oil (– for drizzling in pan)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the stuffing in a medium size bowl.
- Take pork chops and dip first in the flour, then in the egg wash and finally in the bread crumbs. Continue this with all of the pork chops then proceed to stuff the pork chops in the pocket made and close with a tooth pick.
- Heat a large frying pan with a few drizzles of olive oil and place the pork chops in the pan. Sauté the pork chops on each side for about 5-6 minutes. Only turn the pork chops once.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and place in a baking dish.
- Prepare the sauce in the same pan the pork chops were sautéed in (do not clean the pan). Drizzle a little olive oil and place the halved tomatoes, fresh oregano, thyme, sage and rosemary, along with the two cups of crushed tomatoes. Let this heat to a slight simmer and add the tsp. of balsamic vinegar.
- Top each pork chop with grated cheese then top each pork chop with the tomato sauce and some more grated cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place in the oven and let bake for about 15 – 20 minutes depending on how thick the pork chops are.
- Plate the pork chops with some grated cheese and another drizzle of olive oil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories890Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|