Use up your day old baguette with this savory recipe for Stuffed Bread. Mixing together ground beef, diced bell peppers and onion, corn, and zucchini with a blend of savory spices, this mixture is then spooned into the baguettes. Drizzled with butter and garlic, the baguettes are wrapped in aluminum foil and baked until crisp and golden. Slice and serve this savory stuffed baguette. Ground pork, turkey, or chicken can be substituted for the ground beef.
- 1/2 baguette (cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300 grams ground beef
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- green bell pepper (diced)
- corn kernels
- zucchini (diced)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter (at room temperature)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the bread crust using a fork and save it.
- Heat a skillet with vegetable oil at medium flame, then add the ground beef and onions and stir occasionally until the beef is cooked.
- Add the beef, bread crust, green bell pepper, corn kernels, zucchini, egg, paprika, parsley, oregano, and mustard to a large bowl and mix.
- Stuff the baguettes with the ingredients in the bowl and place the baguettes on aluminum foil.
- Mix the butter with the garlic and spread it over the bread.
- Wrap the baguettes with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool off, and serve.
|Calories560Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.