Stuffed Bell Peppers can be made so many different ways. This recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers is unlike many you have seen before. Loaded with different kinds of meats and vegetables, this Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe is absolutely delicious. Based on…
Italian tradiation, this recipe has many essential Italian flavors that create a delicious blend of flavors. Try this recipe at home to serve as an appetizer before a meal.
- red bell peppers
- yellow bell peppers
- 2 sausages
- 1 mozzarella cheese (ball, cut into pieces)
- 2 green onions (cut into pieces)
- cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons potato flakes
- 1 egg
- ground black pepper
- ground nutmeg
- cheese slices
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the bell peppers lengthwise, wash them and eliminate the internal ribs and seeds.
- Remove the casing from the sausage and break it up into pieces.
- Place the mortadella in the food processor with the sausage, mozzarella, green onion, and some basil leaves. Pulse to chop finely.
- Add the cream cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, potato flakes, parmesan cheese, and some milk. Mix well to incorporate.
- Season to taste with salt, ground black pepper, and nutmeg.
- Line a baking dish with wax paper and fill the bell peppers with the mixture; cover with a slice of cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the stuffed peppers from the oven, garnish with chives and serve hot.
|Calories510Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.