- 2 artichokes (mediums)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces red quinoa
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 3 ounces brillat savarin cheese (or similar rich creamy cheese; b)
- 1/2 red onion (large, diced)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan romano
- Soak quinoa in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Rinse artichokes in running water for 1 minute each. Remove base petals that are small or discolored. Slice off stem close to the base.
- Boil 4 inches of water in a deep saucepan.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add artichokes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, tarragon and 2 diced garlic cloves.
- Cover and let simmer for 25-30 minutes, until petals near the middle can be easily pulled out.
- Transfer artichokes from pan to a baking rack, turning upside down to drain and cool.
- Rinse quinoa and pour chicken stock in small saucepan. Simmer on medium high heat and add rinsed quinoa. Cover and let simmer 25-30 minutes on medium heat. Add additional chicken stock if liquid boils off before its cooked.
- Add diced red onion, scallions, cheese, and 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan to cooked quinoa and thoroughly integrate.
- Separate layers of artichoke petals and place quinoa between them.
- Sprinkle artichoke with remaining Parmesan and bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.