Striped Pistachio, Raspberry, and Lemon CakeOn dine chez Nanou
Summer is the best time of year to indulge in a slice of this fluffy, zesty, lemon cake. Sweet and sour tastes are balanced by the dense nutty and savory crust. With beautiful colors and a Jell-O-like consistency that bounces, giggles, and wiggles, this cake is truly unique. Let the flavors of summer melt away in your mouth. From one bite to the next, the fresh zing provided by the lemon cannot be matched.
- 120 grams almonds (powder)
- 20 grams flour
- 130 grams powdered sugar
- 130 grams egg whites
- 45 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon pistachio paste
- 3 grams gelatin
- 300 grams raspberry coulis
- 6 grams gelatin
- 80 grams lemon curd
- 30 grams powdered sugar
- 75 grams cream cheese
- whipping cream (20 cl.)
- 1Preheat to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the almond powder, flour, and powdered sugar.
- 3Beat the egg whites until stiff, gradually add the caster sugar in 3 rounds.
- 4The whites are ready when the whip looks like a bird's beak when lifted.
- 5Add the powder mixture to the egg whites.
- 6Mix gently with a spatula.
- 7Add the pistachio paste. Mix.
- 8Bake for about 15 minutes at 180 C in a baking tray lined with parchment paper (it'll stay crisp on top but soft in the middle).
- 9Let cool before cutting, and spreading in a round pan.
- 10You can make the dacquoise the day before, stored in plastic wrap.
- 11Soak the gelatin in cold water to soften it.
- 12Then drain it.
- 13Heat the raspberry coulis in the microwave, or in a saucepan.
- 14Add the gelatin, and stir so that dissolves completely.
- 15Pour the mixture on the dacquoise, and let settle in the refrigerator at least 2 to 3 hours.
- 16If you make the coulis yourself, do not forget to sweeten it.
- 17Soak the gelatin in cold water to soften it.
- 18Drain it and put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- 19Mix the lemon curd, sugar, and cream chese with a fork.
- 20Add to the gelatin.
- 21Whip the whipping cream into chantilly, and add it to the mixture, stirring gently.
- 22Pour on the dacquoise over the raspberry sauce when it's set. Smooth with a spatula.
- 23Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 24To unmold, dip a knife in hot water before sliding it along the edge of the circle.
- 25To slice the cake, wipe the knife blade clean after each cut to get neater slices.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.