- 4 cups strawberries (fresh, rinsed, hulled, and sliced)
- 6 tablespoons sugar (adjust to suit your own taste)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (cold, cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream (I prefer the real thing)
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alexandria Schnare 29 days ago
it was great we improvised and made the shortcake smaller and we just carved the inside out and put the strawberries and strawberry sauce in it
dyer 11 Jun
delicious! no modifications
Sarah C. 28 May
It was very tasty! We'd make it again
Melissa Varis 13 May
The metrics version states it is 188g, but actually, it is 234 g. The rest of the ingredients are spot on. I love fresh strawberries on shortcake. Living in Finland means loads of strawberries... every year. No fakie fakie sponge cake from the store for us... only the real deal. Yum.
Hollie S. 10 Aug 2017
This turned out perfectly! I substituted the milk for cream and the texture and flavor was amazing!
Terry Lynn Simmons 23 Jun 2017
Yummy....I did use cream instead of milk though and I used Truvia instead of sugar, they were perfect. I used cream because I've made scones that use cream.
Amie L. 3 Mar 2017
So easy to make and they taste amazing! The shortcake was very sweet and everyone loved them. Be sure to double the recipe if you have a big family as this recipe only makes four servings.