Strawberry and Raspberry Thousand Leaves PastryCasseroles et claviers
Mille-Fueilles is a classic French dessert made up of puff pastry, cream, and fruit. In this version, crispy puff pastry is layered with fresh berries and pastry cream for a beautiful and delicious dessert. The creamy texture of the pastry cream and the crispness of the puff pastry work in perfect harmony. A dusting of powdered sugar finishing off the dish for an elegant look that only seems difficult to make.
- 2 packages puff pastry (squares or puff pastry spread)
- 250 grams strawberries
- 125 grams raspberries
- pastry cream
- powdered sugar
- 1Prepare the custard as shown here and refrigerate.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Cut each square of dough in half lengthwise.
- 4If using puff pastry that needs to be rolled out, roll it out into a thin layer, and cut rectangles out of the dough (3 rectangles per serving or 12 squares for 4 servings).
- 5Arrange pastry squares on a baking sheet and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- 6Cover with another sheet of baking paper to prevent pastry from rising.
- 7Bake for about ten minutes, until the pastry is golden. Let cool on a rack.
- 8Cut the strawberries in slices. Place a rectangle of puff pastry on each plate, use a pastry bag to pipe pastry cream onto pastry, add strawberry slices, and a few raspberries. Place another square of dough on top of the fruit and repeat the operation with the cream and fruit, finish with a rectangle of pastry.
- 9To serve, sprinkle with icing sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1400Calories from Fat840|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat840|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.