Strawberry and Mint SlushMARMITA
Many of us have fond memories of cold fruity snow cones, so sticky, so sweet, so much melting syrup running down your hand as you held the paper cup under the blazing sun. Make your own tasty cold snow cones with this recipe for Strawberry and Mint Slush. With instructions for making your own sweet strawberry and mint syrup, all you need is crushed ice for this refreshing summertime treat. Be sure to use fresh strawberries in order to get the most sweet berry flavor.
- 10 strawberries (ripe)
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bag ice
- In a sauce pan, place the strawberries, mint leaves, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, water and sugar.
- Boil for at least 10 minutes, and using a fork keep crushing the strawberries to extract the juice, remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Remove the mint leaves, and strain the strawberries to extract the juice. (The pieces of strawberry left in the strainer can be saved for an ice cream topping or a dessert).
- Chop the ice finely in the blender. Pour ice into serving cups, and cover with the strawberry juice.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories50Calories from Fat┅
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat┅
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes