- 125 milliliters semi-skimmed milk
- 100 grams butter
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 60 grams meringue (ready-made, 40g finely crushed, 20g crumbled)
- 500 milliliters whipping cream (whipped)
- 500 grams strawberry jam (smooth)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the milk, butter, 1/2 cup water and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the flour and baking powder all at once and stir until you have a smooth ball of dough that pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and beat in 1 egg. Allow to cool a little, then beat in the remaining 3 eggs, 1 at a time, until you have a smooth dough. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe 8 swirls of dough onto the baking sheets. Bake 1 sheet at a time for 25-30 mins, until golden brown. Remove from the oven, cut the tops off with a small pair of scissors and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Stir the finely crushed meringue into the whipped cream then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Spread 2/3 of the jam over the bottoms of the profiteroles. Pipe the cream in a spiral on top. Top with the remaining jam, sprinkle with the crumbled meringue and gently press the tops on. To serve, dust with powdered sugar.
|Calories510Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.