Strawberry and Cream Layer CakeHoje para Jantar
Making a homemade cake for someone's birthday is a wonderful way to show them you care. So which kind of cake do you make? Why not try one that is named The Birthday Cake? This recipe combines fruity sweet flavors with a rich and creamy fruity frosting and filling. Sweet never tasted so good. Add fresh strawberries for an even more decadent flavor. One bite of the delicious dessert, and you will wish your birthday was everyday.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 100 grams strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams strawberries
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages cream
- 4 gelatin sheet (colorless)
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar (6 tbsps. powdered sugar)
- 500 grams strawberries
- 1For the cake, preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Beat eggs with sugar until mixture is creamy.
- 3Add strawberry gelatin and oil, stirring constantly.
- 4Add flour, baking powder and finely chopped strawberries and mix well.
- 5Finally, carefully pour in a cup of boiling water.
- 6Tip: Pour water carefully, since batter becomes very runny and the hot water may splash.
- 7Pour the batter into a greased and floured baking pan.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool.
- 10Let cool completely before frosting.
- 11For the topping and filling, beat cream until stiff, adding powdered sugar, 1 spoonful at a time.
- 12Soak gelatin in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes, then drain and melt gelatin with 1 tablespoon water in microwave.
- 13Fold liquid gelatin into whipped cream a little at a time. Rinse strawberries, drain and cut in slices.
- 14Cut cooled cake in half, add a layer of cream, arrange strawberries on top, and add another layer of cream.
- 15Replace the top of the cake and cover with remaining cream.
- 16Garnish to taste with strawberries.
- 17Refrigerate until gelatin is set.
- 18Serve chilled.