Making a homemade cake for someone's birthday is a wonderful way to show them you care. So which kind of cake do you make? Why not try one that is named The Birthday Cake? This recipe combines fruity sweet flavors with a rich and creamy fruity frosting and filling. Sweet never tasted so good. Add fresh strawberries for an even more decadent flavor. One bite of the delicious dessert, and you will wish your birthday was everyday.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 100 grams strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams strawberries
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages cream
- 4 gelatin sheets (colorless)
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar (6 tbsps. powdered sugar)
- 500 grams strawberries
- For the cake, preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Beat eggs with sugar until mixture is creamy.
- Add strawberry gelatin and oil, stirring constantly.
- Add flour, baking powder and finely chopped strawberries and mix well.
- Finally, carefully pour in a cup of boiling water.
- Tip: Pour water carefully, since batter becomes very runny and the hot water may splash.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the topping and filling, beat cream until stiff, adding powdered sugar, 1 spoonful at a time.
- Soak gelatin in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes, then drain and melt gelatin with 1 tablespoon water in microwave.
- Fold liquid gelatin into whipped cream a little at a time. Rinse strawberries, drain and cut in slices.
- Cut cooled cake in half, add a layer of cream, arrange strawberries on top, and add another layer of cream.
- Replace the top of the cake and cover with remaining cream.
- Garnish to taste with strawberries.
- Refrigerate until gelatin is set.
- Serve chilled.