Strawberry Vanilla JamKitchenAid
This is a smooth jam that is always a hit with kids. Do seek out a vanilla bean, as it will give you better flavor than extract.
- 3 pounds strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla beans (split and scraped)
- 2 tablespoons pectin (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Fit your KitchenAidJuicer Stand Mixer attachment with the high pulp screen and run the strawberries through the attachment. Measure out four cups of strawberry pulp and pour it into low, wide pan that holds at least 5 quarts.
- 2Whisk the sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and powdered pectin together and add to the strawberry pulp. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- 3Cook the jam at a boil, stirring regularly, for 15 to 20 minutes, until it thickens. Add the lemon juice in the last five minutes of cooking. When the jam has reached the set point, it will form a thick layer on the sides of the pan.
- 4Once the jam is finished, funnel it into clean, hot mason jars. Wipe the jar rims and apply new lids and rings. Lower the jars into a stockpot of hot water just off the boil, making sure that the jars fully covered with water. Once the water returns to a boil, set a timer for 10 minutes.
- 5When the time is up, remove the jars from the stockpot and place on a folded kitchen towel to cool. Sealed jars are shelf stable for up to a year.