Strawberry Vanilla JamKITCHENAID
This is a smooth jam that is always a hit with kids. Do seek out a vanilla bean, as it will give you better flavor than extract.
- 3 lb. strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (split and scraped)
- 2 Tbsp. pectin (powdered)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Fit your KitchenAidJuicer Stand Mixer attachment with the high pulp screen and run the strawberries through the attachment. Measure out four cups of strawberry pulp and pour it into low, wide pan that holds at least 5 quarts.
- Whisk the sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and powdered pectin together and add to the strawberry pulp. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook the jam at a boil, stirring regularly, for 15 to 20 minutes, until it thickens. Add the lemon juice in the last five minutes of cooking. When the jam has reached the set point, it will form a thick layer on the sides of the pan.
- Once the jam is finished, funnel it into clean, hot mason jars. Wipe the jar rims and apply new lids and rings. Lower the jars into a stockpot of hot water just off the boil, making sure that the jars fully covered with water. Once the water returns to a boil, set a timer for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the jars from the stockpot and place on a folded kitchen towel to cool. Sealed jars are shelf stable for up to a year.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories500Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes