Strawberry TrifleAs receitas lá de casa
Using store-bought cake makes this trifle easy enough to prepare anytime, and for no special occasion, though it is also just right for a casual summer gathering with friends. Canned condensed milk is used in the custard, for extra richness. The strawberries are allowed to macerate with sugar and fresh orange juice to draw out their juices and also be infused with flavor. Be sure to allow enough time for the assembled dessert to chill before serving.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cans milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 kilogram strawberries (chopped)
- 1/2 sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Cake (broken in pieces)
- 1Use the condensed milk can to measure the milk.
- 2In a saucepan, heat condensed milk, milk, egg yolks and cornstarch over medium heat.
- 3Stir until thickened.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- 5In a bowl, mix sliced strawberries, sugar and orange juice. Marinate for 1 hour.
- 6Cut cake or break with hands into small pieces.
- 7Place 1/3 of cake pieces in the bottom of glass serving dish.
- 8Spread 1/3 of strawberries on top with a little bit of juice.
- 9Add 1/3 of cream.
- 10Repeat layers 2 more times.
- 11Refrigerate and serve cool.