- 12 ounces brioche (stale, 7, 1/2 in slices - mine was 3 days old)
- Nutella (1 small jar - I used about ¾ of the jar)
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cold, cubed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Start by making brioche nutella sandwiches. Take brioche slices and spread gobs of nutella on one side. Top with another slice of brioche and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Take half the cubes and layer the bottom of a greased non stick 8 x 8 inch pan. Top this layer with strawberries and cubed cream cheese. Now layer on the remaining nutella brioche cubes. Gently pat the casserole down, to make sure it's even! Set this aside while you make a milk/egg mixture.
- Combine eggs, half and half, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and a touch of salt in a measuring cup. Whisk until throughly combined.
- Evenly pour the mixture over the casserole. Cover the pan with tin foil and set in the fridge overnight!
- The next morning, remove the casserole from the fridge while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. The top layer should be nice and golden brown now, but the casserole won't be quite hot enough yet. Cover the casserole now with tin foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until hot!
- Cut and serve with a generous sprinkling of powdered sugar, an extra drizzle of nutella, maple syrup...or just eat it plain. The choice is yours!
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.