Despite its name, this recipe is not for jam made with passion fruit. The passion refers to the lovely (and lovelorn) combination of white chocolate and strawberry, as in the flavor of the gelatin. It could very well have been inspired by white choc…
late dipped strawberries, a favorite Valentine's Day treat. Butter also adds a dreamy quality to the jam, as does the thick, sweet condensed milk, which is cooked in a pressure cooker to form dulce de leche, with its caramelized color and flavor.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 package gelatin (plain)
- 4 eggs
- 1 bar white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- Place the condensed milk in a pressure cooker to cook for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine the plain gelatin and 1 tablespoon of water. Briefly heat in the microwave until moistened, and drain.
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy.