Despite its name, this recipe is not for jam made with passion fruit. The passion refers to the lovely (and lovelorn) combination of white chocolate and strawberry, as in the flavor of the gelatin. It could very well have been inspired by white chocolate dipped strawberries, a favorite Valentine's Day treat. Butter also adds a dreamy quality to the jam, as does the thick, sweet condensed milk, which is cooked in a pressure cooker to form dulce de leche, with its caramelized color and flavor.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 package gelatin (plain)
- 4 eggs
- 1 bar white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- Place the condensed milk in a pressure cooker to cook for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine the plain gelatin and 1 tablespoon of water. Briefly heat in the microwave until moistened, and drain.
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy.
- When you remove the condensed milk from the pressure cooker, it should be a brownish color.
- In another bowl, combine the cooked condensed milk, moistened gelatin, and 4 egg yolks, and beat with an electric mixer. Gently stir in the egg whites. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate with the butter.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the strawberry gelatin according to the package instructions, and refrigerate to solidify.
- Pour some of the white chocolate mixture in a bowl. Place in the refrigerater to let it solidify a bit. Then, add a layer of the condensed milk mixture.
- Garnish with strawberry gelatin hearts, using a cookie cutter.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving.