Don't worry if you can't find the precise type of rooibos tea called for in this recipe; you can use regular rooibos tea or any variety that you prefer, fruit flavored or not. But the berry flavored tea will match up nicely with the pureed strawberries in this dessert, as well as the strawberries that are used as a garnish (along with shaved chocolate, which is essential to the dish). Be sure to allow enough time for the desserts to set up in the refrigerator before serving.
- 300 grams strawberries
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 200 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon forest fruit
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- 2 strawberries (for garnish)
- Wash and cut the strawberries .
- Place the strawberries and sugar in the blender.
- Leave them in the blender for a few minutes, so they macerate and create some liquid.
- Grind finely and set aside.
- Boil the water.
- Add the tea for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool.
- Mix the cornstarch with the tea.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add the strawberries, and tea and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Let cool.
- Pour into individual bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, garnish with strawberries and chocolate shavings.