Strawberry Cream with Forest Fruit Flavored Rooibos TeaO Meu Tempero
Don't worry if you can't find the precise type of rooibos tea called for in this recipe; you can use regular rooibos tea or any variety that you prefer, fruit flavored or not. But the berry flavored tea will match up nicely with the pureed strawberries in this dessert, as well as the strawberries that are used as a garnish (along with shaved chocolate, which is essential to the dish). Be sure to allow enough time for the desserts to set up in the refrigerator before serving.
- 300 grams strawberries
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 200 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- 2 strawberries (for garnish)
- 1Wash and cut the strawberries .
- 2Place the strawberries and sugar in the blender.
- 3Leave them in the blender for a few minutes, so they macerate and create some liquid.
- 4Grind finely and set aside.
- 5Boil the water.
- 6Add the tea for 5 minutes.
- 7Strain and cool.
- 8Mix the cornstarch with the tea.
- 9In a small saucepan on low heat, add the strawberries, and tea and cornstarch mixture.
- 10Cook and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- 11Let cool.
- 12Pour into individual bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 13To serve, garnish with strawberries and chocolate shavings.