- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups oatmeal cookies (crushed)
- 9 sheets gelatin (or 3 tbsp powdered gelatin, bloomed in cold water)
- 1 1/4 pounds strawberries (1/4 lb puréed, 1 left whole, remainder sliced)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (+ 4 tsp)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream (whipped)
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Grease a 10 inch springform pan. Combine butter and cookie crumbs then transfer to the prepared pan and press down firmly to form a crust. Chill for 30 mins.
- For the strawberry jam, squeeze out any excess water water out of the sheet gelatin (if using). Gently heat 1 tbsp strawberry purée with 1 sheet of gelatin (or around 1 tbsp) until gelatin melts. Combine with remaining purée. Add 4 tsp sugar. Chill for 15 mins.
- Mix cream, cream cheese, vanilla extract, coconut milk and 1/3 cup sugar. Squeeze out any excess water from remaining gelatin then gently heat with 2 tbsp cream mixture until gelatin melts then stir into the main cream mixture. Transfer 1/2 to prepared pan then drizzle with 1/2 of the purée and swirl with a fork. Repeat with the remaining cream mixture and strawberry jam. Chill overnight.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place on a cake stand. Arrange strawberry slices over top. Heat apricot jam and 1-2 tbsp water in a saucepan. Brush over the strawberries. Place the whole strawberry in the center.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.