- 3 ounces Jell-O (strawberry-flavored)
- 12 strawberries (hulled and halved, plus 1 cup chopped)
- 11 1/2 ounces Equal (pound cake, cut into 8, slices)
- 32 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped cream
- In small bowl, combine Jell-O and 1/2 cup boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside for 10 mins, or until room temperature.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease an 8 inch springform pan. Arrange strawberry halves around sides of prepared pan, making sure cut side is flush with pan sides and berries rest against bottom of pan. Line bottom with 4 slices of cake, trimming to fit as needed.
- In a food processor, purée cream cheese, chopped strawberries, 1/2 cup preserves, sugar and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add Jell-O mixture and purée until combined. Pour 1/2 of mixture into pan. Top with remaining cake slices, trimming to fit as needed. Pour remaining cream cheese mixture over cake and smooth top to level. Chill for 4 hrs, or until set.
- Transfer whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe 2 rows of rosettes around top of cake. Gently heat remaining preserves until melted then spoon into center of cake.
|Calories280Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.