- 50 grams almonds (peeled)
- 90 grams cake flour
- 50 grams cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cake yeast
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 1/2 lemon zest (only the yellow part)
- salt (pinch)
- 200 grams white chocolate
- 1 1/2 natural yogurt
- 800 grams strawberries (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (frosting)
- 200 grams cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F). Line a cake pan, about 24 cm (approximately 10 inches) diameter with parchment paper.
- Grind almonds in a food processor and sift with the flour, corn starch and yeast.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and lemon zest until the mixture is frothy. Add the flour mixture to egg yolk mixture. Beat egg whites, until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Test cake with a toothpick. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove and let cool.
- Cut cake into two parts. Place one half on a serving plate and prick it with a fork. Pour 1/3 of the strawberry syrup and, on top, 1/3 of the filling. Place a layer of sliced strawberries and another layer of syrup on top. Place the other cake layer on top. Prick the top surface and pour the remaining strawberry syrup. On the top pour the remaining chocolate frosting carefully to prevent it from mixing with strawberry sauce. Garnish to taste with the remaining strawberries.