Strawberry Bread PuddingMadeleine Cocina
Bread pudding is tasty, creamy and is a perfect way to show someone you love just how much they mean to you. This is a sophisticated dessert with the added tequila in the recipe. It takes four hours to make this recipe from start to finish. Ingredients include milk, egg yolks, corn starch, sugar, water, tequila, strawberries, and sliced bread. This dessert is perfect for a backyard party, a dinner celebration or a holiday party.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 400 grams strawberries (sliced in half)
- 4 slices bread
- 1Add the milk, egg yolks, cornstarch, and 1/2 cup of sugar to a pot on low heat. Stir everything well and cook for about 15 minutes. Use a whisk and stir constantly.
- 2Strain the liquid into a separate bowl. cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until the liquid cools down to room temperature.
- 3In a separate pot, add the water and a tablespoon of sugar. Cook until the liquid begins to boil. Once the liquid has reached its boiling point, turn off the heat and add the tequila. Stir well and set the syrup aside.
- 4Place a layer of bread into a medium-sized bowl. Pour the tequila syrup on the bread, making sure to completely soak the bread, and then pour the cream on top. Add a few sliced strawberries. Continue this process for another 3 to 4 layers.
- 5Top off the layers with a final of syrup, cream, and a few more sliced strawberries.
- 6Put the bowl into the refrigerator for 4 hours and then serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.