- cake (Ingredients for)
- 1 box Classic White Cake Mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh, finely chopped, divided)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- frosting (Ingredients for, and garnish:)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh, hulled and sliced)
- Bake cupcakes according to the directions on the package for 24 cupcakes, and cool completely.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, 1/4 cup cold water, corn starch, salt, and 1 cup finely chopped, fresh strawberries. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until filling thickens. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Cool filling completely and then add 1 cup finely chopped, fresh strawberries.
- Using a mixer, whip together cream cheese and 1 cup powered sugar. In another large mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then add 1 cup powdered sugar and whip until just combined. Fold in cream cheese mixture.
- Using a small knife, cut out remove the center of each cupcake about 1 inch deep and 1 inch wide. Fill each cupcake with the strawberry filling. Using a piping bag, frost each cupcake with whipped frosting and top with fresh sliced strawberries. Enjoy!
|Calories1720Calories from Fat780|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat780|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.