This Stracchino Cheese and Zucchini Quiche is the perfect snack for your family on a weekend afternoon. If you are Italian family, you will expecially love this recipe as it blends so many Italian traditional dishes to create a taste cultural treat. This Stracchino Cheese and Zucchini Quiche takes roughtly 50 minutes to prepare and is about 400 calories! Let us know about your experience baking this Stracchino Cheese and Zucchini Quiche in the comments below.
- 1 sheet pastry dough
- 400 grams soft cheese
- 1 egg
- 50 grams parmesan cheese
- 100 milliliters whole milk
- 4 zucchini
- 1 green onion
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Thinly slice three zucchini lengthwise and grill them, seasoning them lightly with salt.
- Coarsely chop the remaining zucchini with the spring onion.
- Line a 22-centimeter pie plate with wax paper, place the puff pastry dough inside, fitting onto the edge of the pie plate.
- Combine the soft cheese with the chopped zucchini and spring onion, egg, Parmesan cheese, and milk.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Add the filling to the pie crust, and cover with the grilled zucchini slices.
- Turn over the excess puff pastry dough and pinch it at intervals to form the border.
- Brush the surface with the beaten egg yolk and milk mixture.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until the pie crust border is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
|Calories400Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.