You need a flour bowl, a bowl for milk and egg wash, another bowl for breadcrumbs, a casserole dish able to withstand melty cheese cemented to it’s edges after a lengthy bake time...stop! We’re tired just thinking about it. No, you do not need these things to get a delicious Chicken Parm and Pasta dinner on your table, and in fifteen minutes or less to boot. We’ve tossed angel hair pasta with an aromatic herb sauce, used one pan to prepare cheesy chicken that mingles with it’s tangy tomato sauce counterpart, and you’re done. Cena deliziosa!
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 garlic cloves
- chili flakes
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 8 angel hair pasta (1/2 box)
- mozzarella cheese (use the ball, not the shred)
- fresh basil (4 stems and a handful of leaves)
- 1 bunch parsley
- salt (staples)
- cracked pepper (staples)
- olive oil (staples)
- dried oregano
- lemon juice (or zest)
- Place a large, non-stick pan over high heat and drizzle with olive oil. To one side of the chicken, add salt, pepper, and grate parm to cover. Add the chicken, seasoned side down, to the pan. Now season the top side with salt, pepper, and grated parm. While you’re at the stove, place a small pan of heavily salted water on high heat and bring to a boil for your pasta.
- Give your chicken a quick flip in the pan, it only needs about 3 minutes on that first side. Grab your cloves of garlic and thinly slice into coins. Add garlic coins and chilli flakes to the chicken pan and cook 1 minute. Add the tomatoes to the pan, salt them, and stir to combine. If you have oregano, you can add that now as well.
- Your water should be boiling by now, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes