Using Balsamic Pork Chops, these calzones are easy to put together and can use store bought or homemade pizza sauce. Serve with salad of mixed greens and garlic vinaigrette.
- 2 pork chops (cooked, thinly sliced *)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (with basil and garlic, diced)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 8 slices french bread (diagonally sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- pepper (to taste)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, combine sliced pork chops, tomatoes, pizza sauce and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast bread under broiler; arrange bread on serving plates. Reduce heat to low; top mixture with cheese and cover to melt cheese, about 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon a portion of the pork mixture onto each slice of toast; season to taste with pepper and serve immediately.