Just a little bit of stout lends big flavor to this candied bacon. We won't judge if you don't want to waste the rest of the bottle; it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup stout beer
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place a roaring rack on top. Lay another sheet of tinfoil over the rack, and poke multiple holes through it with a fork.
- Arrange the bacon strips onto the roasting rack.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and stout until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Brush a thin layer of the stout glaze over each bacon strip. Flip the strips and brush the opposite sides.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the bacon for 10 minutes. Open the oven and brush the strips with more glaze. Carefully flip the strips and brush the opposite sides. Continue roasting the bacon for 5 minutes more. Open the oven one more time and repeat the glazing process. Continue roasting the bacon for 7-12 minutes, until it is deep brown and the glaze is caramelized. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon. Keep a close eye on it to ensure it does not burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Transfer the bacon strips to a cooling rack or large cutting board. Allow to cool for 3 -5 minutes before serving.
|Calories290Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.