- 2 cups truRoots Organic Quinoa (cooked)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (grated fresh)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (divided)
- 1 pound raw shrimp (large, peeled and deviened, 16/20 ct.)
- 1 cup sliced carrots (thinly)
- 1 cup yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup yellow pepper strips (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (thawed)
- 3 green onions (halved and sliced into 2-inch pieces)
- COOK quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with fork.
- COMBINE hoisin, broth, cornstarch, garlic, sesame oil and gingerroot in small bowl.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons canola oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry shrimp 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque. Remove from skillet.
- ADD remaining canola oil to skillet. Stir-fry carrots, onions, yellow pepper and peas just until tender. Stir in hoisin mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp and quinoa.