- 4 Foster Farms chicken breast halves (boneless and skinless, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup pinot gris
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 walla walla onion (medium, cut in half and sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1 pear (d’Anjou or bosc, under-ripe)
- 2 scallions (choppped)
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch and salt. Add chicken and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- In measuring cup, combine wine, water, soy sauce and chili paste. Set aside.
- In large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken in single layer and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until almost done, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken to a clean bowl and set aside, tenting with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet and warm over medium-high heat. Add onions, red peppers and garlic. Stir fry the vegetables, tossing to cook to a tender crisp, for about 2 minutes. Add pears and continue to stir fry for 1 additional minute. Add chicken and scallions; cook one minute more.
- Pour wine and soy mixture over all. Stir well to coat and continue cooking for an additional minute, until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat, add basil and stir well. Serve over cooked rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.