After many years of exposure to the culinary world, to various cultures and the many times I have experimented with different food creations. I can proudly say that I am able to produce and create some delicious recipes of my own. Let me introduce you to my stir fry beef liver stuffed in tomatoes!
Liver, is not what many people look forward to eating but it's a great source for iron and if you cook it with wine or vinegar it gives it a jazzy flavor!! I'm sure if you try my recipe you will enjoy eating liver. Besides, this is an economical and healthy dish!
TIP: If you buy beef liver from a calf, there's no scent and it's more tender.
- 1 slice beef liver
- 1/3 cup olive oil (Greek)
- 1 bottle chardonnay (for serving purposes)
- 1 pepper (dry chilly)
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine (Californian, or Regina red vinegar)
- 2 yams (baked)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- First, wash your slice of liver thoroughly
- Secondly, cut in small strips
- Thirdly, cut and slice your onion, peppers and your garlic cloves
- Add 1/3 cup of olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste in your wok. Mix all ingredients together. Saute until vegetables and liver are brown. When you are half way through cooking add 1/2 cup of vinegar ( I prefer organic vinegar) or red wine
- Add a tiny bit of dried chilly, trust me it will make all th e difference. If you like spicy food add the whole chilly but I had to serve it to my kids so I added just a tiny bit.
- That's it your done! Serve as it with feta cheese and olives OR You can dress it up as seen in the picture above, it paired lovely with the baked yam. A healthy and hearty dish in a few minutes! I love red sweet wine but it goes well with a Chardonnay of your liking and if you serve it to kids a tall glass of orange juice would be great!
- Another tasty dish from my kitchen to yours!! KALE OREXI !!!!
|Calories300Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.