Don't let the list of ingredients fool you. This colorful main dish salad is a snap to put together.
- 3 boneless pork chops (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups spinach (torn)
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce (torn)
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (medium, cut into thin bite-size strips)
- 2 tablespoons red onions (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- sour cream (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- For dressing, in a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice, lemon pepper, crushed red pepper and salt.
- In a large bowl toss together spinach, lettuce, beans, tomatoes, pepper strips and onion. Set aside. In a nonstick skillet heat 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir pork cubes for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Pour dressing over pork; toss to coat. Add to spinach mixture; toss lightly to coat. Serve salad on individual plates. If desired, top with sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.