- 3 mushrooms (dried shitakes, Chinese mushrooms)
- 1 pound shrimp (uncooked, peeled and de-vined)
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (oriental)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onions (trimmed, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (slivered)
- 4 bok choy (ribs, trimmed cut into ¾ inch thick slices)
- 6 ounces snow peas (trimmed)
- 1/2 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns (crushed, optional)
- Soak mushrooms in hot water, covered, about 20 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Cut into slices, discarding stems. Combine shrimp, 1 teaspoon sherry and cornstarch in small bowl. Mix until well blended. Set aside. Cook spaghettini until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again and mix with sesame oil in bowl.
- Combine broth, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sherry in bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in wok, add 1/2 green onions and 1/2 ginger. Stir for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, fry 30 seconds. Add shrimp and stir fry until starting to turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from wok. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat. Add remaining green onions, ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add bok choy and fry until begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Add snow peas and fry until they turn dark green, 1 minute.
- Add peppercorns, then noodles and fry until heated through, about 30 seconds. Return shrimp mixture and stir 30 seconds. Add broth mixture and stir until absorbed by noodles and shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute. Transfer to platter. 4 servings.