Also known as the "pie plant" because of it's popularity as a filling, rhubarb is often paired with strawberries, which balance out rhubarb's tartness while also add more rosy hues. Here, the two ingredients are also combined with apples to make a delectable jam, with cinnamon lending subtle spice. For a smoother consistency, puree the cooked jam with a hand blender, or just leave it chunkier if that's your preference.
- 200 grams rhubarb
- 200 grams strawberries
- 200 grams peeled apples
- 400 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- Cut the rhubarb, strawberries, and apple in pieces. Place the pieces in a large saucepan.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Lower heat to a minimum and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the jam reaches the setting point.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and puree with a hand blender, if desired.
- Remove from heat and pour into small sterilized jars.
- Store in the refrigerator.