These are not just any potatoes. This Stewed Potatoes recipe is packed with flavor! The picture says a thousand words. This Stewed Potatoes recipe is only 270 calories and takes roughly 45 minutes to prepare. We know you will fall in love with this Stewed Potatoes recipe. Let us know how cooking goes for you in the comments below. You can also give this Stewed Potatoes recipe a star rating so others can see how you liked this recipe.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 chili peppers (serrano)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 potatoes (medium, chopped into small cubes)
- 1/2 onions (medium, chopped)
- Roast the outer layer of the tomatoes, serrano pepper, and garlic in a frying pan. Place all of these ingredients into a blender and liquefy. Make sure to add salt and pepper (as much as you like).
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and place the pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes.
- Stir the potatoes constantly so that they do not stick to the pan. Once the potatoes begin to turn a light gold color, add the chopped onion and continue stirring until the onions begin to change color.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, mix everything well, and continue cooking the potatoes until you see that they are completely cooked. At this stage they should be soft and slightly roasted.
- You may also add shredded cheese on top of the potatoes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.