Chicken is the perfect palate pleasing base for any hearty dish. This recipe for Stewed Chicken with Creamy Morel Sauce is hearty, healthy and robust. The creamy morel mushroom sauce pairs perfectly with the chicken for a savory and sensational supper. Serve this decadent dish with your favorite mashed potatoes and salad for a complete meal. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping, and surprise your family this weekend with a savory Sunday dinner.
- 1 chicken
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar mushrooms (morel)
- 2 shallots
- white wine (25 cl.)
- whipping cream (20 cl.)
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Season the pieces with salt and pepper and then roll them in flour.
- In a stew pot, heat the olive oil with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the chicken and brown. Lower heat and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Wash and drain the mushrooms.
- Cut 3/4 of the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Mince the shallots.
- In another stew pot, add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Once melted, add the shallots first, then the chopped morels.
- Mix well and let cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and let it reduce.
- Add the whipping cream, and mix then blend the sauce.
- Strain the sauce.
- Simmer on low heat, add the whole morels and cook for a few minutes.
- Mix the leftovers from straining the sauce with mashed potatoes. Serve with the chicken.