- 1 pound ground pork
- 5 spring onions (2 finely chopped, 3 sliced, to garnish)
- 2 1/2 ounces water chestnuts (drained, chopped)
- 2/3 inch fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 chinese cabbage (finely shredded)
- 3 1/2 ounces shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch baby bok choy (leaves separated)
- Combine ground pork, finely chopped onions, water chestnuts, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil.
- Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp filing. Brush edges with a little water then pinch together to seal. Arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with a clean tea towel and chill until required.
- Bring 4 cups stock and 1 cup water to a boil in a large wok. Line 2 bamboo steamer baskets with parchment paper. Arrange wontons in a single layer. Stack baskets, cover and place over boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and steam wontons for 4-5 mins.
- Carefully remove baskets from wok. Add cabbage, mushrooms and bok choy to stock. Rotate baskets so that top basket is now on the bottom. Cover and return to wok. Steam for 5-7 mins, until wontons are cooked through.
- Remove baskets. Add remaining stock to wok and bring to a boil. Divide wontons between serving bowls. Ladle broth and vegetables over top. Serve garnished with sliced spring onions.
|Calories790Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.