- 8 romaine lettuce (outside leaves of)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (small)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme (chopped fresh)
- 1 bunch asparagus (trimmed and halved)
- 5 ounces sugar snap peas (trimmed)
- lemon wedges (to serve, optional)
- Remove thick center rib from the lettuce leaves. Overlap two lettuce leaves and place one piece of chicken on the leaves. Repeat with the remaining lettuce and chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Roll up the chicken in the lettuce leaves.
- Bring a wok or large shallow pan of water to the boil. Place a large steamer (bamboo, if you have it) on the top. Line the steamer with a round sheet of parchment paper.
- Place the chicken on the parchment paper. Arrange the carrots around the chicken. Cover and steam for about 8 mins or until the carrots are almost tender.
- Place asparagus and sugar snap peas on top of the chicken and carrots. Cover and steam for 3 min longer or until the asparagus and sugar snap peas are just tender.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with lemon wedges, if desired.