- 1 pound Chinese broccoli (cut into 3 inch pieces)
- 4 snapper (bream or cod fillets)
- 1 tablespoon black bean garlic sauce (mixed with 1 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 red chilies (small fresh, thinly sliced)
- Line a bamboo steamer with a plate large enough to just fit the steamer. Place Chinese broccoli stems in a single layer on plate. Steam, covered tightly, over a wok or a pan of boiling water for about 3 mins. Remove lid, add broccoli leaves then fish on top. Spread sauce over top then sprinkle with ginger. Replace lid and steam for about 5 mins, or until fish is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and chilies. Drizzle over fish and Chinese broccoli and serve.