Steak is a rare indulgence that should be cooked to perfection so you can savor the sauces and mouthwatering meat. This recipe for Steak with Shallot Red Wine Sauce is so delicious your taste buds will dance. The recipe combines the hearty steaks with a rich and robust sauce that uses Fond de Veau, or veal sauce, as well as red wine for a tart, tangy and treasured taste. Enjoy!
- 3 steaks
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- red wine (25 cl.)
- 3 tablespoons sauce (veal, or Fond de veau)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the shallots and saute them in olive oil.
- When the shallots are translucent, deglaze with red wine, and bring to a boil.
- Add the veal sauce and cornstarch and mix.
- If necessary, add some water to make more sauce
- Add salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally so that it thickens.
- Grill the steaks to your preferred doneness, top the steaks with the red wine sauce and serve.