Steak with Shallot Red Wine SauceLolibox
Steak is a rare indulgence that should be cooked to perfection so you can savor the sauces and mouthwatering meat. This recipe for Steak with Shallot Red Wine Sauce is so delicious your taste buds will dance. The recipe combines the hearty steaks with a rich and robust sauce that uses Fond de Veau, or veal sauce, as well as red wine for a tart, tangy and treasured taste. Enjoy!
- 3 steak
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- red wine (25 cl.)
- 3 tablespoons sauce (veal, or Fond de veau)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- 2Finely chop the shallots and saute them in olive oil.
- 3When the shallots are translucent, deglaze with red wine, and bring to a boil.
- 4Add the veal sauce and cornstarch and mix.
- 5If necessary, add some water to make more sauce
- 6Add salt and pepper.
- 7Simmer for about 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally so that it thickens.
- 8Grill the steaks to your preferred doneness, top the steaks with the red wine sauce and serve.