- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (5-6 oz each)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 14 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- baby spinach leaves (to serve)
- french fries (to serve)
- Preheat the oven 350°C. Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of the butter and oil in a skillet on high heat. Cook steaks 1-2 mins on each side until well browned. Transfer to baking pan and season to taste. Bake 8-10 mins or until cooked to desired doneness. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 1/2 tbsp butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and rosemary and sauté 2-3 mins or until tender. Increase heat to high and add mushrooms. Sauté 4-5 mins until golden.
- Add wine to pan to deglaze. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 mins until reduced by half. Stir in stock and simmer 2 mins. Mix in cream and simmer until heated through. Season to taste. Spoon sauce over steaks. Serve with baby spinach leaves and fries.