- 1 kilogram sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into thin wedges)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 4 slices fillet of beef (about 200g each)
- 12 shallots (peeled and sliced or chopped)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 orange zest (and juice)
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 250 milliliters dry red wine
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spread the potato wedges out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Coat in 2-3 tbsp of the oil, add the rosemary leaves, and 1 tsp coarse salt. Roast for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan. When hot, add the meat and fry over a high heat for 3-4 mins each side. Season well and take it out of the pan on to a piece of foil. Wrap the meat loosely and set aside to rest in a warm place.
- Add the shallots to the hot pan and stir-fry for a few mins. Sprinkle in the sugar along with the orange zest, then the flour to forma paste. Slowly add the wine and orange juice. Bring to a low boil and simmer 2-3 mins. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Put the steak on plates and top with the sauce. Add the potato wedges, sprinkled with coarse salt.