- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 small tomatoes
- 4 steaks (250g each)
- 600 grams button mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 onions (peeled and finely diced)
- 250 milliliters vegetable stock
- 250 milliliters whipping cream
- 1 liter vegetable oil (for frying)
- 800 grams large potatoes (peeled and cut into chips)
- 25 grams garlic butter
- 1 slice white bread (crumbled)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- salad (Green, to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the tomatoes for 2 mins. Remove and set aside. Add the steaks and cook for 1 1/2 mins on each side. Season with salt and black pepper. Place the steaks and tomatoes on the baking sheet and roast for 8 mins. Remove from the oven, wrap the steaks in foil and allow to rest for 4 mins. Season the tomatoes with salt and black pepper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, add the mushrooms to the hot pan and sauté for 2 mins. Add the onions and season with salt and black pepper. Pour in the stock and cream, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- For the french fries, heat the frying oil in a deep fat fryer or large saucepan and fry the potatoes in batches until golden. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- For the breadcrumbs, melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the bread until golden. Arrange the steaks on serving plates, top with the mushroom sauce and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Garnish with basil and serve with the french fries, tomatoes and a green salad.