Steak with Financiere SauceLolibox
If you are craving a fancy and flavorful dinner, then why not try making this recipe for Steak with Financiere Sauce. It is the perfect combination of a sweet, savory and salty dish. This recipe would be decadent paired with the perfect meal main entrée. Why not pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping and surprise your family this weekend with a decadent side dish for the family dinner.
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams flour
- dry white wine (15 cl.)
- chicken broth (15 cl.)
- 250 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- port (10 cl.)
- thyme sprigs (fresh)
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1In a sauce pan, melt butter.
- 2Add flour and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 3Gradually add white wine and chicken stock, stirring constantly until creamy.
- 4When the mixture has thickened, add the sliced mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 5Lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes while stirring.
- 6After these 20 minutes, add port and continue cooking for 5 minutes more.
- 7Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 8In a large skillet with olive oil, cook steaks to desired doneness.
- 9Serve warm sauce over steaks.