- 1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes (cut into slices or wedges)
- 1 pound new potatoes (cut slices or into wedges)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 hot chili peppers (or mild, cut into rings)
- 2 corn-on-the-cob (quartered)
- 2 tomatoes (ripe, halved)
- 4 sirloin steaks (7-8 oz each)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the potato slices in a single layer on 1 or 2 oiled baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the bay leaves and rosemary and drizzle with 4 tbsp of the oil. Roast in the oven for about 45 mins.
- Mix the sour cream and chili peppers to make the dip. Set aside.
- After the potatoes have been cooking for 15 mins, add the pieces of corn. Then after another 15 mins, add the tomato halves and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat 2 skillets on medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp oil to each. Season the steaks and cook for about 3 mins each side. (Or cook the steaks in skillet in 2 batches.) Season. Serve the steaks with the roasted potatoes, corn, tomatoes and dip.