Steak tartare is a delicious appetizer that comes together quickly. This recipe is made with just 10 ingredients and comes together in just 20 minutes. Dijon mustard, capers, and cornichons perfectly accent the raw steak while an egg yolk adds a nice bit of creaminess. The trick to making this dish the best is can be is to use the best ingredients you can find, it will really make a difference on the finished product. Serve the prepared tartare with toasted slices of bread.
- 1 olive oil (drizzle)
- 4 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (or whole-grain mustard)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 10 cornichons (you can substitute small pickles, diced)
- 1 sherry vinegar (splash)
- 3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (trimmed of fat, finely diced)
- bread (slices of toasted)
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and egg yolk.
- Next, mix in the capers, pickles, and vinegar (and the hot sauce if choosing to use it).
- Mix the beef into the sauce.
- Plate and serve with slices of toasted bread.